Date(s) - 10/01/2016 - 10/31/2016
26th Annual Nightfall Expands With New Haunts, Shows!
This year’s Nightfall at Old Tucson, 201 S. Kinney Road, has been expanded, with a new haunted town and the return of the ghoulishly entertaining musical. Fans of the scarefest can also expect to see familiar characters and updated frights.
Nightfall is a one-of-a-kind Halloween blowout, attracting thousands of people to the park throughout the month of October. Events and activities abound for people of all ages and fright levels. Guests who are queasy about scary things can purchase “Scare Me Not” wands to ward off evil intruders.
Nightfall launches September 29! Hours are Thursdays and Sundays from 6 to 10 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays from 6 p.m. to midnight. Nightfall also will be open on Halloween night from 6 to 10 p.m.
Admission to Nightfall is $28 for adults (age 12 and over) and $21 for children (ages 9-11) with FREE admission for children 8 years and under. Groups of 10 or more can purchase tickets online. Discounts for opening weekend and for Thursdays and Sundays can be found at all Tucson area Wendy’s, Goodwill stores, or at Basha’s and Food City when purchasing select Pepsi products.
Find Nightfall information online at www.NightfallAZ.com and live news on Facebook, Twitter, Instragram, Reddit, Tumblr and Vine.
Nightfall 2016 Shows and Attractions
- Nightfall Opening Ceremony: A gathering of Nightfall residents hosted by the devilishly funny Gargoyles devolves into mayhem and sets the stage for what is to come as the sun fades – NIGHTFALL!
- Fertile Ground II—A New Harvest: The nightmare continues as a group of friends on a recent camping trip have come up missing. The trail of terror becomes all too real for those seeking to find answers. Thrills, chills and explosions bring this story to its gory climax!
- The Necro Show: News, satire and special guests all come to you live from the land of the dead on The Dead News Network.
- Last Dance of the Dead: The spine-chilling musical returns in this tragic love story surrounding the curse of Doom Town. Witness for yourself the horrifying events that led up to the dreadful demise of the legendary Isaiah Cree.
- Halloween Night Costume Contest: Become one with Nightfall on Halloween Night. Cap off the season by joining our merry band of costumed characters. Cash prizes!
- Terror Square: A Nightfall welcome extended by characters of dubious description. Some are benign, most are not!
- The Bunker: They built the bunker so they would have sanctuary in case of the apocalypse. Now, their sanctuary has become their ultimate prison. Go underground to see what has become of those who still dwell deep down inside “The Bunker.”
- Iron Door Mine: Venture into the subterranean tunnels rumored to be haunted by the souls of cursed miners doomed to work this mine for eternity. Are they dead … or alive?
- Doom Town: This all new area of fun and fear has opened up to the north and east corner of the park now known as Doom Town. Here, you’ll find two new haunted attractions, the Dead Horse Saloon and Rattlesnake Gulch, along with food and drink of all concoctions.
- Creepy Crawly Cave: Parents must be accompanied by children as kids explore the world of the Pumpkin King.
In addition to live shows and haunted experience, Nightfall presents a variety of attractions you won’t want to miss! The following attractions are available for an additional charge.
- Circus Train: There’s a train and clowns and … terror!
- Zombie Shoot: Zombies are popping up in a dark corner of Nightfall. Join the fight to defeat them at the Zombie shooting gallery.
- Strange Family Circus: Seeing is believing. Behold the wonder and mystery of early 20th century sideshows updated for a cynical, multicultural world. Glass chewing, sword swallowing and more. (Appearing Fridays thru Sundays only.)
- Thrill Quest Attractions: Virtual reality motion experiences that put YOU in the action.
- Haunted Hay Ride: Hop on the hay wagon for a trip through the hinterlands of Nightfall.